Sunday, December 30, 2012

Peppermint Bark Rice Krispy Treats

Do you have a ton of candy canes left over from your holiday celebrations? I totally do! I think I may still have some from last year's holidays. Then I saw these peppermint marshmallows at the store and had to pick them up!

I made these for my Sunday School class and they loved them! I actually am not a fan of white chocolate so I made them again but just left that off. Give them a try, they are pretty great with the extra whole marshmallows in the middle. Mmmm.


Peppermint Bark Rice Krispy Treats

 4 Tbsp butter plus more for greasing the pan
6 cups mini Peppermint Marshmallows
6 cup Rice Krispy Treats
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 tsp oil
2 candy canes, crushed

In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add 4 cups marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add cereal and 2 cups marshamallows. Stir until well coated. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Melt milk chocolate chips and spread over treats. Melt white chocolate chips and oil using this tip. Spread over slightly cooled chocolate. Top with candy canes and press in slightly. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.

5 comments:

  1. Yum yum....

    Hopping by and following your lovely blog's GFC. I blog @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

    I am also inviting you to join Tiddle Diddle Handmade Shoppe's first giveaway event.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I'm trying these before I start the diet portion of my Get Healthy in 2013 Resolution. I would love it if you would come by and share this with my friends.

    http://www.flusterbuster.com/2013/01/fluster-muster-party-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! These look amazing! Thank you so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! These look delish! Thanks for linking up to my link party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Those look yummy and pretty! Thanks for sharing at my party!

    Shelley

    www.piggyinpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete